Tuesday, December 10, 2013

AAQI December Auction: What? You Won't Bid on This Quilt????

http://www.benefitbidding.com/auctions/listings/details.cfm?item_id=19234

Really? You won't bid on this quilt because of the word "prayer" in the title????



The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative December( and very last and final quilt auction) ends today. I have two quilt at auction with all profits funding Alzheimer's research funding and frankly they are not moving at all. Please consider placing a bid and possibly even winning one of my two quilts. I have given to and lost so very much from this horrible disease that now is the 6th leading cause of death. My quilts are #6999..shown here...and #5211.

"Dedication: In honor and memory of my father, a loving care giver, and with the deepest love for my mother who is now in her fifth year of Alzheimer's. In spite of being blind, diabetic, and unable to walk, she still reaches out her heart to us with love." It is now 4 years later than when this was written and my mother and my father have both died but sadly...Alzheimer's Disease has not. Please help me help those who are trying so very hard to put an end to this horrible debilitating, life and family altering disease.

http://www.benefitbidding.com/auctions/listings/details.cfm?item_id=19234
www.benefitbidding.com
Quilt #6399 - The Alzheimer's Prayer : Quilt #6399 - The Alzheimer's Prayer
http://www.benefitbidding.com/auctions/listings/details.cfm?item_id=19234
Like · · Promote ·
  • Michele Bilyeu I suggested to someone I know that they place a bid on this quilt since they had a family member with one of the forms of dementia. Their answer? They didn't like my use of the word 'prayer' in the title or that intent in the anonymous poem I used which simply asks for compassion and understanding for those with Alzheimer's Disease. Really? That's the reason you won't raise a bid to $45 for such a good cause?


Michele Bilyeu blogs With Heart and Hands as she shares a quilting journey through her life in Salem, Oregon and Douglas, Alaska and all of her AAQI Quilting. Sharing thousands of links to Free Quilt and Quilt Block Patterns and encouraging others to join in the Liberated Quilting Challenge and make or donate small art quilts to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI) Help us change the world, one little quilt at a time!