Friday, December 31, 2010

Twilight Dreams


Offered up as my gift to the New Year: "Twilight Dreams." My 11th art quilt donated to the Alzheimer's Art Quilts Initiative during 2010 and currently available on the AAQI site.

As part of our on-going Liberated Quilting Challenge, it is meant to usher in my own dreams for a new and better year. A year where more wonderful advances will be made in our fight against Alzheimer's Disease. A year when those of us with family members with Alzheimer's and related dementia's won't have a 60% chance of getting the disease in my own lifetime with over 15 members of my family..having, or having had this terrible disease.

Out of my immediate family, which includes aunts and uncles, 14 dearly loved, valued, and treasured people have already died of this life changing illness. Please bid generously on any of the quilts you see at AAQI but do consider giving special attention to those of our Liberated Quilting Challenge ;)

And as my personal challenge to each of you: if I can make and donate 11 art quilts last year...6 months with a broken wrist and almost 4 months living in Alaska without access to any of my supplies...then I challenge you to make at least half of what I did in 2010!

Take my challenge for 2011!

With Heart and Hands,
Michele Bilyeu

I support the Alzheimer's Art Quilts Initiative
AAQI Liberated Quilters Challenge

LINKS:
Liberated Quilting
Liberated Quilting Challenge

Liberated Quilting: Free Patterns, Blocks, and Tutorials

Word Play (Quilts)