Monday, June 13, 2011

AAQI Liberated Challenge Update


Our AAQI Liberated Challenge member, Rene' Martinez of Rene' Creates answered Ami Simm's questions "how many AAQI quilts have YOU purchased".

Rene' writes: "Not counting today (because I may go shopping...haha), I have purchased 16 Priority: Alzheimer's quilts...eight have been given as gifts, and eight are hanging in my "studio". The above picture shows the two most recent additions to my ever growing collection."

Rene' not only makes beautiful quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative but she buys them, as well...how cool is that?

It's a wonderful role model for all of us...do as she does, check out the AAQI
Quilts for Sale page as 300 more quilts have just been added in. As Rene' says "it's a do-good-feeling guilt-free shopping experience!"

And another Liberated Quilter, our friend Michele (Chele;) Lancaster, of Nostalgic Cafe', just shipped off EIGHT quilts to AAQI...four she made, three her friend Yumi, in Japan, made, and one a doll quilt a fellow swapper made.

I just love these gals. They only further inspire me with their talents for coming up with new ways to help AAQI!!

And I am delighted to report that my quilt #6761-Sparks of Heavenly Fire just earned $165 in our June Auction. Thanks so very much to quilter blogger, Jen Mullen (JenClair) from Bayou Quilts (& Dolls) for making my day as the winning bidder and purchaser of my quilt. Thank you, Jen and all quilt buyers..without you there would be no sales and no auctions!