Friday, January 1, 2010

Liberated Quilting







My name is Michele Bilyeu and welcome to my world of liberated quilting and my database of links and pages dedicated to both liberated quilting and the Liberated Quilting Group Challenge!

Below you will find links to not only all of my own blog posts having to do with liberated quilts and quilting, but my posts and links to the AAQI Liberated Quilting Challenge.

Please also check out my ongoing list of Liberated Quilting: Free Patterns, Blocks, Ideas&Tutorials

I created these pages to serve as a focal point for my interest in liberating quilting and my formation of a Liberated Quilting Challenge for creating small art quilts to be donated to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.

I created the Challenge on New Years Day 2010 because of my own interest in making and donating small art quilts to AAQI. I wanted to find a bigger stage and more input than just my own individual blog and a broader way of seeking seeking creative input (ie. tiny, little donated 'art' quilts) from liberated quilters everywhere.

And please note the challenge now continues into 2011.

The only rules of this Liberated Challenge are those already set in motion by Ami Simms, the director of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. They are quite simple...each quilt must be able to fit into a "Priority Mail" envelope (available completely for free from your local post office) and they can be no larger than 9" x 12".....however, they can be smaller, and they can also be a standard 4" x 6" fabric postcard!

To enter this fabulous Liberated Challenge...we need to add you (even if you think you can make one little postcard!) to maintain some kind of organizational framework and we are still connected to, and using the database of the Liberated Quilters Message Board.

You simply request to join our membership listing there. (Our group owners there are Clare...our talented founder and one of her four group moderators, and Nancie, her creative sidekick (currently an owner/moderator) and our two additional moderators, our wonderful greeter/quilter/AAQI donator, Kathleen, and myself, Michele Bilyeu, who runs the Liberated Challenge through AAQI.)

The only rules are those set up for the best handling of the AAQI quilts. All quilts must conform to the standards and sizing regulations of the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative, and must go through a registration process at both the Liberated Quilters membership, and its database, at the Yahoo message board for processing, counting, and AAQI quilt numbering, as well as that of AAQI and their database registration requirements.


And all quilters who enter this challenge are asked to place a copy of the original AAQI logo (shown above) on their blogs and web pages, but they MUST link it back to www.AlzQuilts.org and NOT to any other site. The code is located at . http://www.alzquilts.org/logolink.html

(You are encouraged to also add a badge for our yahoo group to assist in membership and to show that you are a member once you join that group)


All quilts and quilted postcards will be showcased on our group page at the AAQI website:
Liberated Quilters Blog & Liberated Quilters Message Board located under the heading
Guild, Group, and Shop Challenges, as well as on our database on the Yahoo Message Boards, my blog, my blog back up page of photos, and any inks to you, that you create here or on my ongoing blog.

It's a wonderful win-win networking and charitable quilt donation combination!


My Blog Links:
Liberated Quilting Challenge Page: all quilts to date
All of my own posts on Liberated Quilting Challenge
All of my own posts on Liberated Quilting
All of my own posts on the Liberated Quilting Challenge
Liberated Quilting: Free Patterns, Blocks, Ideas&Tutorials

AAQI: all pertinent info for actually creating a quilt for donation:
Make A PRIORITY: ALZHEIMER'S QUILT Donation Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative
Look At Previous or Current AAQI Quilts get ideas, see how easy it can be
27 Ways You Can Help can't make a postcard for us? how about doing one of these?

From The Heart of a Quilter Why I contribute. *only raise the number of my immediate family members who had Alzheimer's and related dementias (whether passed away, or now facing its challenges) to 15. Fifteen family members who have been part of the 5.3 MILLION people facing this disease today!

Update for 2011:
'social networking' links to date for my posts on AAQI and our Liberated Challenge:


Liberated Quilting... | Facebook



Liberated Quilting Blog shares news of AAQI-funded research! Liberated Quilting Challenge: Unraveling Alzheimer's: Simple small molecules could untangle ...
www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid...id... - Cached


Twitter / Alzheimer's Art Quil: Liberated Quilting Blog sh ...

Liberated Quilting Blog shares news of AAQI-funded research! http://fb.me/FNzoBHSF.
twitter.com/AAQIUpdate/status/14367857865400321 - Cached